« Home | FoodFriday #10: Shanghai Red » | Food Friday #9: Tsunami » | Food Friday #8: Fat Bob's Smokehouse » | Food Friday #3: Tandoori's » | Food Friday #1: Steel Drums Caribbean Restaurant &... » 

Sunday, April 23, 2006 

Food Friday #11: Chester's New Orleans Bar



Mr Big says: Chester's was a bar and grill place which specialize in Cajun fares. The dinning area was about the same size as the bar area (i.e., small). We waited for about 45mins before we were sitted, but it was worth the wait. I had the New Olrean Chicken and Rice and a French Onion soup (why not right, since the French Quarter was there). The Chicken and rice was very favorfully... spicy to say the least. The favor was IN the rice, not ON it. It had french rolls, so I could dip them in the gravy which was delightful. I love Cajun food, so I will definitely try out the other dishes. Wish they had more space and cooks (4.8/5)

Penny says: Chester's Grill & Bar is a hole in the wall but the food is excellent and utterly satisfying. We shared a fried clam strips which was just chewy and well done. Personally, I just have to order myself a Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo because it's a New Orleans must-have. For entreƩ, I had Cajun Shrimp & Rice and the shrimps tasted so fresh and succulent. I hope we'll be able to find more places like this one to make our Food Friday a even more memorable one everytime. (5/5)

hiya guys! the food looks delish. especially the french onion soup with the cheese on top. the popcorn shrimp thingy looks yummy as well.

ps: hey how about posting this restaurant to chompster? 0:-) http://www.chompster.com

my wife and I were here 9/10/06.
awesome wings, really! the kind of wings you think about the next night when she asks you what you want for dinner.

Post a Comment

About

Food Friday brings Kelvin, Kevin and Penny to new eateries every Friday evening. Join us on our culinary crusade through Buffalo, New York!
Email me

Syndicate this site (XML)

As seen by people

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates